Published Rules

Have any suggestions or ideas for our website? Post them here.

Moderators: [DB] Admins, Senior Admins, Executive Admins, Server Ops Team

Afterburn
COL
Flag: United States of America

Re: Published Rules

Postby Afterburn » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:23 pm

Bilko is 100% correct with this one. We cannot enforce a non written rule. I'm fairly sure I was not the only admin to tell a player "no bunny hopping to avoid fire or a bash" What baffles me is how that simple infraction has gone this long unwritten but always policed. We really don't need to make more rules, simply add it to another rule that is close in meaning.

I remember one game on Borisovia, I was a Brit on our short roof focusing all my fire right at our pin...the only part of the map I could see from that side of the roof. I wasn't on the other side looking into dead center of map. Someone actually called me out for being on the roof after we took their flag. I laugh so damn hard I fell off the roof. lol The point I'm trying to make is a lot of people do not fully think out situations. We all make mistakes but to me that one was a no brainer.

Tonight I placed Bilko in spec as he took our flag about 15 seconds after his team scored a flag. Way too fast. I typed out, "No fall back" there was no reply, so I placed him in spec. Then he said he spawned in the center. So I said, lol, sorry. If he would have said that first I would have let it go.
0 x
PrivateLionsUK
1LT
Flag: Great Britain

Postby PrivateLionsUK » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:00 am

You Guys summed it up perfectly, I agree with all you fine chaps.

Lets have a simple vote whether to include the following & lets keep them concise e.g. :-
-No fiddling with HQ through Wall.
-No running with flag even when in danger.
-No shooting while jumping.
-No bashing while running/ jumping.
-It is acceptable to run/ jump to avoid bash.

like every organisation rules need to be reviewed from time to time. Again keep up the Good Honourable work Knights.
0 x
Bilko
1LT

Postby Bilko » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:43 pm

Yes - lets vote on the suggested rule clarifications and get them in writing. Thanks PL-UK

P.S. - AB, I didn't reply right away because I had the flag and didn't want to stop and type a message. It was a strange spawn so I can see how you could have viewed it as a bad fallback but honestly, it wasn't.
1 x
Bilko
1LT

Postby Bilko » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:40 pm

WOW - two hours of bickering over rules today during game play. DC likes to keep bringing up the rules he doesn't like and questions them. On one hand he is right, they are confusing and not in the published rules. BUT - he's not a member anymore and should STFU. Please senior admins, I beg you to get all the new rules voted on and then written into the server rules. This is getting old and I just want to have fun. :lol:
4 x
Afterburn
COL

Postby Afterburn » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:57 pm

Bilko wrote:Yes - lets vote on the suggested rule clarifications and get them in writing. Thanks PL-UK

P.S. - AB, I didn't reply right away because I had the flag and didn't want to stop and type a message. It was a strange spawn so I can see how you could have viewed it as a bad fallback but honestly, it wasn't.

once you told me you spawned in center, I sadi I was sorry. its all good.
0 x
Afterburn
COL

Postby Afterburn » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:59 pm

PrivateLionsUK wrote:You Guys summed it up perfectly, I agree with all you fine chaps.

Lets have a simple vote whether to include the following & lets keep them concise e.g. :-
-No fiddling with HQ through Wall. Totally agree
-No running with flag even when in danger. Sorry, cannot agree on this
-No shooting while jumping. Agree
-No bashing while running/ jumping. Agree...(run n gun tactics)
-It is acceptable to run/ jump to avoid bash.[b] NO[/b]

like every organisation rules need to be reviewed from time to time. Again keep up the Good Honourable work Knights.
0 x
Private Tiger
1LT
Flag: Great Britain

Postby Private Tiger » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:30 am

Afterburn wrote:
PrivateLionsUK wrote:You Guys summed it up perfectly, I agree with all you fine chaps.

-No fiddling with HQ through Wall. Totally agree
-No running with flag even when in danger. Sorry, cannot agree on this
-No shooting while jumping. Agree
-No bashing while running/ jumping. Agree...(run n gun tactics)
-It is acceptable to run/ jump to avoid bash.[b] NO[/b]

I think Lions was just highlighting the issues currently 'open to discussion' rather than stating his own personal opinion on them. These issues are now being discussed by the DB Staff. Any more rules sneaking under the radar to add?
1 x
NYCTyger
COL

Postby NYCTyger » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:47 am

I'll have to take the time to read this string, but let me make things clear...

The current published rules, we all knew would need to be "tweaked" or clarified. We were supposed to have another admin meeting and go over any needed changes or clarifications, but things changed, admins changed.

Secondly, we cannot be adding more and more rules otherwise it will never end and the premise of cod2 would be lost (to have fun). It's just a matter of perhaps changing some of the words, clarifying things, etc... such as adding bashing to the no running exception rule (goes in line with avoiding being fired on and nades).

Anyway, I gotta go and will read this string better a little later.... AND we need an admin meeting!!
0 x
"IF YOU'RE HUNTING RABBITS IN TIGER COUNTRY, YOU MUST KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED FOR TIGERS. BUT WHEN YOU'RE HUNTING TIGERS, YOU CAN IGNORE THE RABBITS."
Afterburn
COL

Postby Afterburn » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:34 pm

Yes Tiger, I realize the intensions of Lions.

Nice job on the new votes
2 x
[DB]Dirtyboy
1LT

Postby [DB]Dirtyboy » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:38 am

Just passing by, and this is only a little brush from the past. Our rules at the beginning were based on fair and fun play. We also agreed that "common sense" should prevail, i.e., "it is ok to run from fire or nades a couple of steps", so in saying that, you are five steps away from an enemy, he starts to raise his gun to shoot you, so to "avoid fire", you run, and by chance you run towards him/her, and bash. Illegal? nope.

Far too many times, we have argued over and over about people camping and not going for objective (flag in this case), maybe it is because the rules for the flag carrier is a "double standard". If I am going to lay my life down (lol) for going for the flag in which we promote, then it seems fair, that the same rules for a camper should apply to the flag carrier. It has always been "run from enemy fire or nades", and the only reason we/or you have changed it is, you get tired of hearing "he ran with the flag". There is a simple way of helping to control this, and I guarantee it will cut "half" of the complaints down. Instead of gaming to ctfb, simply change it to ctf. This would return the flag at a touch, not requiring the gamer to walk/run back to the post, thus cutting the accusations in half.

AGAIN, it is very important to stress here several things. YOU AREN'T GOING TO PLEASE EVERYONE, EVERYTIME!!! It is always best to govern for the whole, not for the few. This is one of the reason's that after 7 years, DG and myself have left, along with a lot of other old timers. You guys are still arguing over the basic rules that were set up, got us to where you are today, all because a "certain few" who disrespect us by complaining every time something goes against them, or they die too many times.

SUGGESTION: Finally come to an agreement that you all can live with, AND STICK TO IT. Get rid of the constant bickering and menace people, and move forward. Don't you think that enough is enough?
0 x

Share This

Return to “Suggestions - Helpful Ideas”